http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Highway 101 through the Olympic Peninsula

After five days in Port Townsend I drove west on Hwy 101 around the Olympic Peninsula. The day was very foggy, but not really cold. This area is a rain forest and when you wave your hand through the air you can feel the moisture. Everything is wet. I stopped along the way to let Koka run and in five minutes she was soaked and my clothes were quite wet. And it wasn't raining! Just foggy!



This is a stream on one side of the highway...


...and the same stream on the other side



Cool moss -


On the coast the sun made a brief appearance. It banished the gloom of the forest, which was beginning to feel oppressive.


When I stop to think about all the places I've seen since I started this journey last June, I am so thankful. Alaska, British Columbia, the Yukon, amazing National Parks, the northwest tip of the US in Washington, and amazing California and Oregon coasts...and so many more beautiful places. How lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment