http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Holidays, and the start of a New Year

My mother's move, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve had me driving north and south from Grass Valley to Santa Barbara, back to Portland for Thanksgiving, to Santa Barbara for Christmas, and back to Portland for New Year's. A lot of miles, just like Willie's "On the Road Again". I no longer drive the 5 freeway if times allows me to take the 101 and the 1 highways. The scenery is spectacular and there are always new things to see, and I love the state park campgrounds.

Campsite


Trailhead near campsite


Trail


The end of the trail - it opens to a beautiful view!



Lighthouse - sorry I forget which one it is...


Bridge near Ukiah - I have crossed this bridge so many times and I finally stopped to take a pic of the bears.








1 comment:

  1. I believe that is the Umpqua River Light. If you get a chance, go inside. It is like a kaleidoscope of red and clear glass that turns, and you can stick your head up in the lens and watch the prisms dance. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete