http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 15, 2014

I'm home, back in Portland. It's good to be back, and as soon as I unloaded my RV fridge I went to see Celia. I missed her a lot! She has gotten taller and her vocabulary, which was extensive when I left, is even more so. She told me to use two hands when I drive my car. I have a lot to do to get ready to leave for a year! My garden looks like a jungle.

This morning I made the only camping reservations I will make for Alaska - I prefer to stop when I feel like stopping, without deadlines or a schedule. However, vehicles are not allowed into Denali NP past the 15 mile point, unless you have a reservation for Teklanika Camp, which is 29 miles into the park. My reservations are for July 22 for four nights. Below is a photo taken by a friend of a friend, who stayed at Teklanika. I also got a Tek pass which is used on the shuttle buses to reach other areas of the park. There's an advantage of being old; I have a National Park pass (called America the Beautiful) for seniors that lets me camp for $9.25 per night in parks.


On my way back to Portland I drove past Lake Shasta - I don't think I've ever seen the lake full, but this year it is shockingly low. The fingers of the lake are dry, and all the houseboats are in dry dock. I wonder how long it will take for the marine life to recover.




Portland is very green right now. Things are blooming and the gardens in my neighborhood are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment