http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

Sunday, June 22, 2014

North to Alaska Day 1

Yesterday was day 1 of my journey north. After celebrating Celia's two-year-old birthday on Friday, and a teary goodbye in the morning, I was on my way.

Celia "reading" a birthday card, photo by her other grandmother, Wendy.


It felt good to be on the road. The drive was uneventful with the exception of lots of traffic in the Seattle area. I spent the night in the very picturesque little town of Lynden, Washington, near the Canadian border. Lynden is very old and pretty, with flowers everywhere and historic homes on tree lined streets. It was settled in 1874 near the site of a Nooksack Indian village. Many Dutch immigrants settled here, and there is a profusion of beautiful dairy and berry farms in the area, with white farm houses and barns.


Bringing many varieties of produce and some meats and dairy products into Canada is forbidden, so I have not stocked my refrigerator. I ate dinner in town, at JoFish restaurant. Really fresh delicious halibut and coleslaw. Yummy.

Tomorrow I'll cross the border at Sumas, Washington.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like your journey to the north went great! Too bad you had to bid teary goodbyes with Celia and get back on the road. Well, I bet everything about the trip was worth it. Traveling is an incredible passion that you fulfill more when you’re traveling in an RV, where you get to travel on your own schedule and comfort. Cheers!

    Cristina Hamilton @ Mount Comfort RV

    ReplyDelete