http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

Sunday, June 1, 2014

June Already?

The date of departure for Alaska is getting closer.......and I still have so much to do! I've been packing books in an attempt to get ready for the movers who arrive on June 11. I think my books are reproducing on the shelves - it takes a lot of boxes of books to make a dent. So far I've packed 19 boxes and I estimate I will need about 30 more! Really, all I really want to do is look at maps of British Columbia and Alaska. The first day of my trip will be to Sumas, Washington, where I will stay overnight. The next day I will cross the border into British Columbia and head north on Hwy 97 to Prince George. From there I'll go west on Hwy 16 and connect to the Cassair Hwy to Watson lake. Then it's west to the Alaska Hwy and White Horse in the Yukon Territory. I'll continue along the Alaska Hwy to Tok, Alaska, and then over to Denali, where I have reservations for three days at the Teklanika campground in the National Park. These are the only reservations I've made, since I don't want to adhere to a schedule. After Denali I'll head down to Anchorage and Homer, where I plan to stay for a week or so. Then it will be north to Fairbanks, and perhaps I'll go further north toward Deadhorse and the Arctic Ocean - depending on road conditions. I haven't planned my return trip yet. Just take one day at a time. Meanwhile, I've been loading things into the RV which, by the way, needs a name. Suggestions welcome! I've also been working on the garden, trying to get everything under control. Things around here grow like Jack's beanstalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment