http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

Friday, August 29, 2014

On the road again, destination Kalispell, Montana and Glacier National Park

I left Portland yesterday, and spent last night at a lovely RV park in Leavenworth, Washington. I will stay here three more nights because it's peaceful and quiet, on the Icicle River. Isn't that a great name - Icicle River!

On my way to pick up Koka from a farm where she stayed while we were at Skamania, I stopped in Camas for lunch at this cute cafe downtown.


After fetching Koka I drove through the Columbia Gorge and crossed into Washington, where the scenery changes dramatically, from evergreen forests to high desert, and farm land around Yakima.

Beautiful Mt Rainier




Windmills - and it was windy indeed. I had to pull to the side of the road a few times because the wind was making it hard to steer the rig. The gusts would last a few minutes and then I was on my way again.


After going through Yakima I entered forest land again, and arrived in Leavenworth. In a few days I'll venture into town and take photos. Right now, I'm enjoying a bit of down time, reading and relaxing, and avoiding the holiday traffic. Then, onto to Spokane, through Idaho, and into Montana. This gypsy life style is pretty cool! Or rad, or what ever the current term is for absolutely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment