http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

http://perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com/

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Homer - beach and glaciers

The road to Homer is another scenic drive.



Homer is located on the Kenai Peninsula, 226 miles south of Anchorage. Population 5,153. Part of the town in located on the Homer spit, a narrow strip of land jutting into Kachemak Bay. I stayed in an RV park on the spit for two nights, again among fishermen. A group of four bearded young men were camped next to me, and apologized for their noise (beer plus campfire) by giving me some halibut. Not a bad deal!

Outside of my front window I could see the Bay, otters, seals, many kinds of birds, and the beach.







Koka was happy!


The spit is full of campers and cars, and I had a nightmare about a tsunami. If one were to occur, there would be absolutely no way to get a bunch of RVs, some 50 feet long, to safe ground.The next day I moved to a camp in town. I never have nightmares so I decided to take heed. The beach was even better from the second RV park. Three major glaciers across the bay - the Dixon, the Portlock and the Grewingk glaciers.



No comments:

Post a Comment